Employer: FINCA International Inc - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the CEO in providing measurable variables for all the strategic goals of level 2 and level 3 managers; and track those variables on a monthly basis.
• Analyze reports received from functional areas, compare actual results versus budget, highlight the main gaps, analyze the possible causes for deviations, and suggest corrective actions. Develop a monthly balanced scorecard report that analyzes the factors driving the evolution of the big 5 indicators and establishes correlations between those factors.
• Develop economic and operational models for a variety of processes and projects: define resources, outputs, ratios, and run what if scenarios.
• Develop and update business models for each product, and for each delivery channel: standard branch, light branch, POS Agent.
• Analyze expenses on a monthly basis, identify productivity opportunities, and suggest measures to increase savings versus budget.
• Draft a variety of documents including: minutes, job descriptions for new positions, etc.
• Help the CEO prepare PowerPoint presentations on several business topics.
• Be able to draft a presentation by combining limited oral instructions from its supervisor, the background business knowledge, and the access to the different business reports and his/her analytical skills.
• Support the CEO in his medium and long term planning activities.
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in economics, engineering, mathematics, or physics.
• Superiorwriting skills.
• Experience in business/ project consulting, financial planning, or project management.
• Bilingual French/ English
• Experience in financial services desired but not mandatory.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Self-motivated and independent
• Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project or similar, MS Access or similar.
• Data management: sort, queries, pivot tables (excel), vlookup / hlookup (excel).
• Basic Accounting: understanding and interpretation of of Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
Mathematical Tools Required:
1. Statistical (normal distribution; linear regression, basic probability calculations, correlation analysis).
2. Financial: present value, internal rate of return, nominal / effective interest rate.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.