Employer: GA Insurance
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 4th April 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Overall management of the Finance function as well as interfacing with other functions of the organization.
• Coordinating preparation of cost and revenue budgets.
• Ensuring proper use of the company’s financial resources by developing and implementing financial policies and procedures.
• Monitor the investment market and advise on viable investment options
• Monitor performance of the company investments and make timely recommendations on appropriate actions to be taken when adverse market changes are anticipated.
• Preparation of financial and management reports.
• Preparation of returns to the Commissioner of Insurance and TRA.
• Supervise and control banking transactions and cash management procedures.
• Monitoring the debtor’s position on a monthly basis and ensuring appropriate debt levels are maintained.
• Forecast short term and long term capital requirements and obligations in order to maintain adequate funds.
• Prudent management of the company cash flow and investment portfolio.
• Ensuring compliance with all fiscal controls and statutory requirements.
• Develop and manage proper asset management records and the disposal of company assets.
• Monitor and analyze the company’s liabilities and recommend alternative management where necessary.
• Supervise, appraise, train and develop staff in the department.
Skills and Competencies:
• Leadership skills
• Strategic and analytical skills;
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Ability to drive change and innovation;
• Bachelor’s degree in finance.
• MBA shall be an added advantage.
• Professional Qualifications
• CPA (T) or its equivalent.
• 5 years’ experience and a Minimum of 3 years in the Insurance Industry.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your CV to: email@example.com indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received.
NB: Please indicate your notice period and current salary on your C.V. Tanzania citizens are highly encouraged to apply.