Job Title: Assistant Lecturer Statistics/Mathematics
Employer: Institute of Accountancy Arusha
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 6th February 2014
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Teach up to NTA level 8 for Master’s Degree holders and up to NTA level 9 for PhD holders.
• Guide and supervise students in building up their practical and research projects.
• Prepare learning resources and design training exercises for students.
• Conduct consultancy and community services
• Develop and review existing curriculum.
• Undertake individual research and participates in scientific/academic congregations.
• Prepare teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training.
• Coach junior teaching staff.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
• Masters degree either in Statistics or Mathematics.
• She / he must have attained at least GPA of 3.5 at Masters Degree and a minimum GPA of 3.8 in the Bachelor’s degree
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary scale.
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate - Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV
will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route
their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Deadline for application is 06th February, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.