Job Title: Program Coordinator – Werise And Pathways
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20 January 2014
The Program Coordinator (PC) will provide overall leadership and coordination for ensuring the accomplishment of the objectives of Pathways and WE-RISE Program Initiatives under his/her responsibility. The position will be responsible for providing strategic decisions on scaling up or sustaining key program initiative results, assist Assistant Program Coordinators/Program Managers (PMs) assigned to the program initiative(s) for effective implementation of their respective activities. In consultation with the supervisor and in collaboration with the program initiative staff the PC ensures PMs develops Annual Performance Agreement and Assessment (APAA) and budgets. Through working with respective PMs the PC facilitates recruitment of qualified staff and ensures that a functional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan is in place. The PC promotes highest level of staff performance and that ensures all supervisors provide coaching, mentoring and counselling to the staff. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key government partners, donors and NGOs working in the same geographic areas. It also involves creating and strengthening relationships with partners currently receiving financial support from Pathways and WE-RISE donors especially those implementing complementary activities.
The PC is also responsible in identifying funding opportunities for ongoing and new program initiatives and to initiate and participate in the design of programs and program initiatives. Further, he is responsible for creating, fostering and maintaining country specific and global partnerships that support the program. This position requires facilitating development of quality proposals and timely approval of Civil Society Organizations (CSO – partners) proposals and coordinating transparent system of disbursement of grants accordingly. The coordinator represents the program initiatives in various internal and external partners and stakeholders meetings.
S/he is expected to maintain effective working relationships with other CARE staff working with other CARE program initiatives and impact groups. S/he is also expected to coordinate and maintain linkages with the Pathways core team from CARE
creating a feedback system and seeing to it that technical advice and other
support is followed through.
? A Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Natural Resource Management or equivalent is required;
• Extensive program knowledge with training in Project Management and other relevant skills
• Masters in Agriculture/Natural Resources Management or equivalent is an asset;
• A minimum of 5 years experience working at senior level in international NGO is desired;
? Five years experience in coordinating / managing programs
? Knowledge on finance, community development, project planning and management, administration
• Project finance management experience (administering program budgets, proficiency in project finance reporting
• Grants management experience, including the awarding, administration and monitoring of small and medium-sized grants to local partners;
• An approach to mirror our core values: commitment, accountability, respect, effectiveness and diversity;
• Ability to work and communicate with a range of stakeholders including policymakers and government officials, NGOs, the media, community representatives;
• Able to provide technical assistance in the area of gender and women’s empowerment to ensure that programmatic strategies are addressing unequal power relations;
• Strong ability to engage with communities and capability;
• Proficient in Computer with knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet usage;
• Ensuring that gender and power dynamics related to communication are taken into consideration;
• Ability to thrive in team environments, with a strong understanding of diversity and other cultures
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a fluent writing style and good knowledge and practical use of both English and Kiswahili
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply
How to Apply
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org to Country Director by 20 January 2014 with a motivation letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and 3 Referees.