Job Title: Director of Realestate-1 Post (Re -Advertised)
Employer: Tanzania Buildings Agency (TBA)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 13th January 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Real Estate Division,
- Provides divisional staff with leadership by giving them a clear and shared vision, motivation and team spirit,
- Based on the prepared Strategic Plan ofthe parent Ministry (MoW), procures feasibility and other studies related to the preparation of housing programmes for civil servants and Government office accommodation,
- Reviews the technical aspects of consultants' feasibility studies regarding Government Real Estate projects' scope and costing,
- Liaises with the parent Ministry (MoW) to ensure compliance with Government policies, strategies and funding for the Government housing sector;
- Liaises with the parent Ministry, Interested Investors, Funding A~encies and other stakeholders in the preparation and implementation of development housing programmes;
- Oversees the procurement of goods, services (feasibility studies, valuation, maintenance, inventory of government real properties) and all contracts related to Government
- Real Estate development;
- Monitors project progress and resolves implementation problems in order to achieve performance targets; Ensures the implementation of quality assurance procedures that lead to customer focus/perspective; Advises the Chief Executive on all development aspects of the Agency's works;
- Prepares for the Chief Executive periodic reports on the status of all activities related to government Real Estates; and
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate qualification lQ, Real Estate Management or Housing Management skills,
- Bachelor/Advanced either in Architecture, Engineering, or Quantity Surveying professions,
- Must have a minimum experience of 10 years in the building industry and at least five years experience in the management of real properties and experience in leading such large-multi-disciplinary professional teams.
- He/she must be registered with the relevant professional Board.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution's salary scale (LSSE) 3.
NB: General Conditions
i.All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates: Postgraduate/Deg reel/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts. - Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results SliP6 will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/0/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply. .
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or a vanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 13th January, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
The Tanzania Buildings Agency is a Government Executive Agency established under the Executive Agencies Act No. 30 of 1997 to deal with Building Consultancy as well as Real Estate Development and Management Services for the Government and public servants. The Agency has the following vacancies in its establishment to be filled immediately.
How to Apply:
APPLICATIONS LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika Utumishi wa Umma