Employer: One Acre Fund
Duty Station: Iringa, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Communications Team- Produce regular reports on farmers and field activities, act as the translator and primary coordinator for visiting external relations team members, maintain a database of farmers who have compelling stories and/or would be good for visitors to meet.
• Build and Maintain Farmer and Field Staff Network- Create a network of farmers and field staff to help keep you aware of all activities and possible story leads.
• Content Brainstorming- Brainstorm possible story ideas and pitch them with proposed angles.
• Photograph Field Activities- Take photos of all seasonal field and operational activities and archive them appropriately.
• Hosting Visitors- Upon request, assist in hosting visitors and coordinating field visits to support other teams, become an expert on all-things One Acre Fund as to answer questions of visitors, translate field meetings and interviews for visitors, be comfortable thinking on feet when visits go differently than planned.
• If you have skills or experiences in these areas, please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
• Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
• Language: fluent in English and Kiswahili, ability to speak local languages.
• Demonstrated basic computer skills, including typing and email
• Clear communicator in-person and on the phone
• Proactive problem solver
• Integrity and a positive attitude
• Demonstrates high-quality work with a strong attention to detail
• Willingness to commit to living in rural Tanzania for a long-term position
• Independent worker with strong ability to manage own schedule and tasks
• Confident communicator who is comfortable talking with many people on a variety of topics
• Ability to work as part of a larger team
• Top-performing undergraduate degree in communications, journalism or other relevant fields from a recognized University
• Language: conversational in Kibena or Kihehe
• Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
• Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
• Photography experience
• Writing experience
Timeline: Application deadline is Friday, October 31st. Successful applicants will be contacted for phone interviews in November, and final round applicants will attend in-person interviews in early December.
Compensation: 300,000-400,000 base salary dependent on qualifications
Benefits: NSSF, airtime and small transportation allowances, work computer, benevolent fund
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and regular feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject line: Communications Officer + the place you heard of the position. Please include grades and test scores on your resume.