Job Title: M&E Officer (4 Positions)
Employer: Christian Social Services Commission (CSSe)
Duty Station: Mwanza, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st Oct 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and design M & E frame work coordinate training of service providers In M & E and provide ongoing technical support to local partner facilities staff responsible for ensuring timely data collection and reporting.
• Assist in collection of accurate of monitoring of reports from the local Partners'
• Treatment Facilities (lPTFs) monthly/quarterly/annually on all required indicators.
• Collaborate with district health teams, other strategic partners to adopt! or harmonize appropriate data collection tools and procedures including DHIS. Assist in the development of supportive
• .supervision and data auditing guidelines for routine data collected by the focal partner treatment facilities. Carry out systematic supportive supervision of M & E systems, track progress and make effective use of M & E data to monitor performance of the facilities and provide feedback to all relevant parties for improvement in service delivery.
• Assist to facilitate quality improvement of service delivery by the local partner treatment
• Provide inputs into the program annual work plan and budget.
• Follow-up and assist local partner facilities with quarterly preparation of the program reports when needed.
• Compile and prepare the program M & E reports on regular basis and submit them to relevant parties.
• Update and maintain M & E data base and effectively monitor performance of local partner treatment facilities.
• Carry out any other assignments as may be assigned by the supervisor and the management
Qualifications and experience:
• A Bachelor degree in computer science or/with statistics or any field related to health or social sciences. A post graduate in Public health will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 3 years technical experience in the field of HIV/AIDS and/or health M & E including the use of CTC2 data base and DHIS
• A minimum of 3 years experience in program management (preferably in HIV/AIDS program management).
• Demonstrate experience with management of different sources of data and multiple indicators with capacity to interpret numerical data.
• Experience of data processing and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data sets and reporting using statistical data bases.
• Must have excellent communication/interactive skills and must function well independently, as well as part of the team
• Ability to make good decisions and has good judgment. Essential Skills and attributes
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with people from different professional background.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships Pro-active, collaborative and ability to organize and prioritize demanding activities.
• Ability to organize and meet deadlines for a wide variety of the project assignments
• Ability to travel frequently within the assigned districts/or other parts of the country.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications letters enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, three references and a daytime telephone numbers to
Christian social services Commission
4 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd
P.O B.O.X 9433
Dar Es Salaam