Job Title: Sub-Grants Manager
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 19th Oct 2014
• Assess in collaboration with the Chief Operations Officer, the financial and administrative needs of the sub awardees, individually and as a whole.
• Develops or adapts administrative and financial policies and procedures for sub awardees which includes; manuals, user guides and templates to be compliant with THPS requirements.
• Provides training and technical support to sub awardees to improve their administrative and financial system and procedures, including the use of THPS management tools, but also including more general improvements in managements of funds.
• Ensures consistent application of THPS financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as US Government rules and regulations.
• Acts as a resource person for tracking and monitoring systems and reporting policies and procedures to sub awardees.
• Assist sub awardees with donor required quarterly reporting, monitors’ timelines for reporting and act as liaison between the sub awardee, THPS and the donor finance team.
• Monitors sub awardees invoices and advances from donor.
• Assists in execution of new subcontracts and subcontracts close outs.
• Monitors the need for external audits of sub awardees, obtaining quotes from auditing firms and manages audit process as needed.
• Provides financial orientations for new sub awardees finance as needed.
• Coordinates with THPS finance staff to correct sub awardees account errors and improve system efficiencies.
• Travel to train sub awardees in financial management and administration and to perform financial reviews of projects.
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief Operations Officer or Director of Program.
• Preferred Qualification and Experience
• The candidate must hold Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or Bachelor degree in
• Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or Corporate Management a CPA or
• ACCA full qualification will be an added advantage.
• Masters degree in finance, Business administration accounting or corporate management will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of five years working experience in senior level finance, auditing or accounting position.
Knowledge and skills required:
• Knowledge of donor funded project preferably USG financial policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control.
• Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
• Knowledge in human resource management is a must.
• Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles and ensure that best practices are observed.
• Ability to lead teams of multidisciplinary
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by 19th October, 2014 through email with a subject line Sub-Grants Manager to: HR@thps.or.tz .Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.