Job Title: Social Change & Development Officer –SCDO 1 (Full Time)
Duty Station: Morogoro, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2014
• Ensure support is given to VSL members to develop profitable IGAs, including advice on branding, packaging and value addition;
• Support and or train VSL members to advocate for women’s rights to land;
• Facilitate IG women and male counterparts sensitization on women’s rights;
• Give support to IG women, men and boys for collective action initiatives for the fulfillment of women’s rights (including IG women’s participation in local-level decision-making processes);
• Coordinate spaces/forums for accommodating interactions and dialogues between IG and duty bearers established;
• Ogranise ( in collaboration with CBTs) for members of VSL groups to be trained to track public resources;
• Ensure that duty bearers at local and national level are sensitized on women’s rights;
• Prepare narrative reports (activity based reports, weekly, monthly, case studies, quotaly e.t.c) and all other reports as guided by PC;
• Monitor and evaluate all project activities and ensure that all relevant data collected and reported correctly;
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Program coodinator.
Education and Experience
• Degree level education.
• Two to five years of work experience in areas relating to women empowerment.
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
• Proven report writing skills
• Computer literacy
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good working knowledge of local language.
• Knowledge of VSL
• Valid motorbike driving licence.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday, 15th September, 2014 to WECA through e-mail email@example.com or through P.O. Box 32 Turiani Morogoro, Tanzania.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.