Job Title: Site/Civil Engineer
Employer: Kings Builders & General Service Ltd
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 1st Oct 2014
• Liaison with Project Manager to ensure that work is accurately and properly done on site.
• Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craft people and operatives.
• Setting out, leveling and surveying the site.
• Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
• Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plants.
• Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
• Liaising with any consultant, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
• Monitoring and reviewing progress and performance of projects to meet plan object.
• Assist the Projects Manager in monitoring and supervising subcontractors to ensure they adhere to the set work guidelines and ensure site safety.
• Assist the Projects Manager in filling bills of quantities and specifications for engineering works.
• Ensuring delivery of exceptional customer experience by handling queries at the project site.
• Assist the Projects Manager in monitoring use of Company resources at project sites.
• Preparing reports as required.
• Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
• Any other related duties as assigned.
• Degree/diploma in Civil or structural Engineering or Equivalent.
• Have at least 3 years experience in a similar position.
• Should be able to deliver quality workmanship in all aspects of construction.
• Solid background in steel, wood, concrete and masonry is essential.
• Experience in Civil Works especially in road works, bridges/culverts.
• Able to demonstrate technical skills in building and Construction.
• Be able to supervise and lead others.
• Able to work in a team.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluency in English and Swahili.
• Willing to work beyond normal working hours and able to travel across Tanzania.
How to Apply:
Send CV only via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application after the Deadline will not be considered.