Job Title; Program Coordinator (PC) - 1 (Full Time)
Duty Station: Morogoro, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2014
• Together with Project staff set up the WECA program office.
• Supervise WECA staff and CBTs and provide oversight for all project activities;
• Ensure correct and timely implementation of project activities;
• Liaise and develop good relationships with key project stakeholders including Care, government (national and district), employers, communities, NGOs, DPOs, INGOs, international donors to raise awareness of women issues and advocate for change in policies.
• Create and manage database of candidates with support from the Finance/Admin post;
• Develop WECA plans in conjunction with the WECA support team and board;
• Manage trainings and track performance of women benefited from trainings and VSL;
• Contract and manage CBTs and other consultants where need be;
• Develop local fundraising initiatives to strengthen the WECA and its activities, and contribute to sustainability;
• Track operational budget and provide monthly financial reports to the WECA Board Chairperson and partiner (Care Tanzania) on project spend, working closely with the Finance/Admin Officer;
• Monitor and evaluate all project activities and ensure that all relevant data collected and reported correctly;
• Carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
• Delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output;
• promoting staff development and training;
• Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy;
• writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations;
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Board Chairperson.
Education and Experience
• Degree level education.
• Two to five years of work experience in areas relating to training and promoting livelihoods for women, advocacy, and policy changes.
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
• Proven report writing skills
• Computer literacy
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Should have an understanding of women related issues.
• Good working knowledge of local language.
• Knowledge of VSL.
• Valid Motorbike Driving license
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday, 15th September, 2014 to WECA through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or through P.O. Box 32 Turiani Morogoro, Tanzania.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.