Job Title: Program Accountant
Employer: CARE International
Duty Station: Moshi, Kahama and Morogoro, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 3rd Oct 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Practice a behaviour that is consistent with CARE’s core values and promotion of gender and diversity goals.
• Implement staff safety and security procedures, and ensure are followed, and provide guidance to staff as required
• When applicable, participate in emergency response and recovery efforts• 5% of time
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce or any other related field;
• A postgraduate degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce, or CPA/ACCA is an asset;
• A minimum of 4 years working experience in finance/accounting is required;
• Extensive experience working in international NGO is an asset;
Technical Skills Required:
• Personal integrity living up to CARE Tanzania’s core values of commitment, accountability, respect, effectiveness and diversity;
• Ensuring that gender and power dynamics related to finance/accounting are taken into consideration;
• Strong decision making and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make judgment calls and decisions with respect to finance and accounting activities, within delegated authority, that impact significantly upon the day-to-day operations of user Departments.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues
• Concentration, accuracy and attention to details are required.
• Strong ability to engage with stakeholders at different level;
• Proficient in Computer with knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet usage;
• Ensuring that gender and power dynamics related to communication are taken into consideration;
• Ability to thrive in team environments, with a strong understanding of diversity and other cultures;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a fluent writing style and good knowledge and practical use of both English and Kiswahili
• Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS and participatory approach and sustainable development.
• A high level of individual initiative, planning and good judgment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a fluent writing style and good knowledge and practical use of both English and Kiswahili;
• Excellence: Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; successfully completes assignments; sets standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed; ensures interactions and transactions are ethical and convey integrity.
• Respect: Behaves in a manner that reflects a true belief in and appreciation for the dignity and potential of all human beings. Gaining other people’s confidence and setting an environment of trust and openness.
• Diversity: Promotes, values and respects each individual’s unique qualities, background, race, culture, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives or interests; creates and maintains a work environment that promotes diversity.
• Communicating with Impact: Diplomatically, logically and clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the recipient / audience and helps them understand and retain their message.
• Facilitating Change: Supports and manages the change process at CARE-Tanzania by developing a culture affirmative of change; encouraging others to seek and act upon opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; critically analyzing evolving and fluid situations; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace; actively engaging with resistance to change.
• Strengthening Partnership: Identifying and utilizing opportunities within and outside of CARE Tanzania to develop effective strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas/departments/units or external organizations to achieve CARE’s objectives.
• Planning and Organizing: Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively in accordance with CARE’s core values.
• Adaptability: Effectively manages changing environments in the organization; maintains effectiveness when dealing with multiple and conflicting priorities across different cultural settings or during emergency and crisis situations.
• Initiating Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes decisive action to achieve goals in times of uncertainty or in fluid contexts; is proactive.
• Building Commitment: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
• Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relations
• Contribute to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team or work unit to move the team/unit toward the completion of shared goals.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply
How to Apply:
Apply through: email@example.com to Country Director by 03 October 2014 with a motivation letter, a detailed Curriculum Vita and 3 Referees.