Job Title: Finance Associate
Employer: One Acre Fund
Duty Station: Iringa, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 3rd Oct 2014
• Collect and accurately record all repayment information from Field Officers
• Data entry of receipt information
• Management of financial databases
• Maintain files and records relating to repayment collection
• Analyze data and identifying Key Performance Indicators
• Perform regular data Quality Checks
• Conduct audits (in the office and in the field)
• Translate accurately and efficiently (English to Swahili and Swahili to English as needed)
Required Qualifications and Skills
Please only apply for this position if you can demonstrate the following:
• Top-performing undergraduate degree in finance, economics or related discipline
o OR, significant professional experience in this area
• Passionate about agricultural development and serving smallholder farmers
• Advanced use of Microsoft Excel, Word and email
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili
• Team working
• Clear communicator in-person and on the phone
• Proactive problem solver
• Willingness to commit to living in Iringa, Tanzania for a long-term position
• Independent worker with strong ability to manage own schedule and tasks
• Comfortable and confident public speaker
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. This position in particular offers the opportunity to advance quickly into a leadership position.
Salaries are dependent on skills and experience, and will start in the range between 300,000TZS and 400,000TZS per month plus an additional 15% housing stipend. Other benefits include NSSF, airtime and transportation allowances and a benevolent fund. Staff are also eligible for discounted farm input loans including seed and fertilizer.
The deadline is Friday 3rd October 2014. Before this date, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Finance Associate + the place you heard of the position. Please include grades and test scores on your resume.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.