Employer: Disease Outbreak Control Organization (DOCTOR)
Duty Station: Dodoma, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th Oct 2014
Level of Education:
• Sociology, Public Relation and Marketing, Education, Community
• Development, Rural and Urban Planning, Mass communication and journalism, Health Administration, Pharmacy.
• Other additional trainings attended: Project management training. Public health management training and previous experience in outbreak responses shall be considered.
• Excellent organizational skills, high level of maturity, responsibility and accountability.
• Willingness to work in remote rural areas. Stress management, Leadership and staff
• management skills and well as Cross cultural sensitivity.
• Commitment to working with marginalized people, including in isolated, remote areas as well as good communication skills.
• Knowledge of the Tanzania’s country government system.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
• Capability to create strong partnerships among all program stakeholders.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Flexible personality and willingness to work irregular hours.
• Strong presentation and computer skills in MS Word, Publication, Excel and SPSS
Salary: Tsh 950,000/=(Gross Salary), Health Insurance, Health Emergence and Risk Allowance, Accommodation and communication.
Age Limit: 20-50 years old
Shortlisted Applicants must prove to be ready to travel to Rwanda for Interview.
Applicants must be Tanzanians, who are fluent in Swahili and English. Knowledge on vernacular language shall be an added advantage.
• To manage the overall operations of Ebola Awareness Centers country wide
• To train local community members on skills and knowledge of identifying symptoms and infections of ebola viruses
• Develop and implement culturally appropriate methods for hygiene promotion amongst the community members
• To design, organize and manage local advertisements, posters and redio campaign on the ebola pandemic awareness
• To facilitate the supply of medicines and health equipment to local community members, schools and other learning institutions. Liaise with District authorities to ensure adherence to aims of the community based health awareness initiatives towards ebola prevention and control.
• Provide support to school children to enable them to use community drama as a tool of awareness creation on ebola viruses.
• Compiling situation reports, tracking reports and final donor reports as necessary.
• Training in education for health and community mobilization for Hygiene staff.
• Training for hygiene personnel in environmental control and disinfection procedure.
How to Apply:
Send your CV, Certificates, and Application Letter VIA firstname.lastname@example.org
OR CDC-Africa@usa.com before 20th October, 2014
Your Application Letter should be addressed to Human Resource Manager
DOCTOR- Africa Headquarter
PO Box 3851 Kicukiro | Kigali, Rwanda 250
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Send One Application ONLY Human Resource Manager
DOCTOR- Africa Headquarter
PO Box 3851 Kicukiro|Kigali, Rwanda 250
Our Physical Address: DOCTOR- Rwanda
African Union Boulevard
Kicukiro, Kigali| 300 meters from Sonatube
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org