Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Employer: Fanikiwa Microfinance Company Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 26th Sept 2014
The CEO has the overall responsibility to implement the company strategy as agreed with the Board of Directors, and to actively give direction and leadership toward the achievement of Fanikiwa’s vision, mission, and its annual goals and objectives. The CEO is supported by the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the Chairperson of the Board. Based in Dar Es Salaam, some travel will be required inside the country and abroad.
As Fanikiwa is a young and dynamic institution, the position offers freedom to the CEO to actively shape Fanikiwa’s strategy and approach to fulfill its vision and mission. The strategy of the stakeholders is to build on the platform offered by Fanikiwa, this will require further funding both debt and equity to be secured. Entrepreneurial thinking, the ability to identify new trends and to implement innovations as well as a hands-on experience in the microfinance sector in East Africa combined with a supportive management style will help the successful candidate to excel in this challenging yet rewarding position.
Skills And Experience Required:
• The successful candidate must have worked in the microfinance sector in East Africa for more than
5 years, at least 3 in a senior management position
• A track record of achieving targets, managing change, and building strong relationships with senior people both within the company and the wider community
• Ability to think strategically and commercially, to initiate and drive an agenda, and to motivate and guide a team of professionals
• Excellent communication skills in Kiswahili and English are essential
• Experience with securing new sources of funding to drive growth is desirable
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should forward their application with a cover letter, a detailed CV and copies of certificates. The CV should include addresses of three referees, one of them being the current or latest employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
Deadline of submission of application is the 26th September 2014 at 5pm.
Application should be addressed to:
Fanikiwa Microfinance Company Limited
P.O. Box 57, DSM
Ubungo Plaza, West Wing – 9th floor
Morogoro Road, Dar Es Salaam
Or via email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org