Job Title: Executive Chef
Employer: Grand Palace Hotel Zanzibar
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 26th Sept 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans menus for all food outlets in the club.
• Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
• Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
• Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
• Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
• Consults with the hotel manager about food production aspects of special events being planned.
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
• Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
• Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
• Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
• In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
• Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
• Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
• Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
• Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
• Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
• Perform other duties as directed.
• Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
• Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
• Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
• Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
• Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
• Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
Education and/Or Experience:
• Formal training in food and beverage production and management from a reputable institution.
• At least 5 years and above experience as an EXECUTIVE CHEF from reputable hospitality industry
• Vast experience in different cuisines (local and international)
Working knowledge of various computer software programs is an added advantage.
Mode of Interview: First to apply first to be interviewed
How to Apply:
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: only candidates that will be shortlisted shall be contacted to attend the interviews.