Job Title: Credit Controller
Employer: Agricom Africa (T) Ltd
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2014
A fast growing company dealing in agro equipment and implements seek to employ a Credit Controller to handle its fast growing debtor’s book.
• Contacting individuals or business customers when payment is overdue
• Asking them to settle their account and explaining the terms of their credit
• Using specialist computer databases to check credit records
• Re-negotiating repayment plans if people are in financial difficulties
• Setting up and maintaining customer files
• Processing payments
• Visiting debtors to collect payments (known as 'field collection')
• Tracing missing debtors
• Starting legal proceedings if debts are not paid within an agreed time
• Arranging for goods to be repossessed to cover the outstanding debt
• Liaising with solicitors, bailiffs and debt counsellors where necessary.
• Checking customer’s credit ratings with banks
• Setting up the terms and conditions of a loan
• Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments
• Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
• Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
• Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems
• Providing accounts information to internal departments
Typical qualities and qualifications of a successful candidate to include:
• ICM qualification and or relevant degree.
• Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
• Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
• Competence in Microsoft Office products, XL and accounting software programs
• Prior experience with systems including invoice discounting
• Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their detailed CV to: email@example.com