Job Title: Commercial Specialist
Employer: The US Embassy
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th Sept 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all CS activities associated with assigned market sectors and general knowledge of priority sectors for the country.
• Plans, organizes and executes the promotion of CS products and core fee-based services.
• Coordinates major trade exhibitions, seminars, conferences, product launches and trade missions.
• Conducts market research for trade shows, trade missions, and client services. Monitors and reports on trade opportunities and trends/changes within assigned market sectors.
• Researches and writes major portions of the Country Commercial Guide (CCG) and writes periodic International Marketing Insights and similar Commercial Service reports.
• Provides initial technical review of the CCG for accuracy, clarity, completeness and grammatical presentation.
• Compiles, interprets and analyzes market intelligence data in order to exploit it in the promotion of CS activities in assigned sectors and best prospect sectors.
• Demonstrates, builds and maintains an extensive range of mid to senior-level contacts in business and government.
• Counsels clients on their potential for export success.
• Conducts pre and post license export checks and reports back to Washington, D.C. The incumbent handles complex trade complaints, especially from U.S. companies.
• Assists and advises the Senior Commercial Officer on complex Tanzanian government tenders and associated commercial advocacy projects on behalf of U.S. companies.
• Assists the Senior Commercial Officer with senior-level Commerce Department official visits to Tanzania. Mentors junior staff on Commercial Service policies and procedures.
• Serves as a team leader for more extensive projects, and may be requested to supervise and/or provide training to junior staff in all aspects related to the work of a Commercial Specialist.
How to Apply:
Please go to the Website for details