Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 19th Sept 2014
We are seeking for highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic, self driven and qualified individuals to fill in a position of Field Operator in the Operations Department. The position requires an individual in the Company who is proactive has the drive and ability to achieve job’s demands and the Company’s expectations
Main Purpose of Role:
• To monitor plant operation in field
• Understands and adheres to all plant safety guidelines and all plant procedures. Strives to maintain an injury free environment.
• Controls the plant process and electrical distribution through plant control system, as directed by shift charge engineer.
• Follow all the applicable company policies and procedures.
• Proactively participate in and contribute to the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 programs.
• Taking readings from local and report them to shift charge engineer
• Analysis of samples or raw water, closed cooling water etc
• Implementation of Lock and Tag out
• Attending to plant emergencies
• Continuous monitoring of equipments and report abnormalities for actions
• Raising work requests in CMMS.
• Preparation of chemicals required for plant operations
• Maintaining good House keeping in plant
• Handling of chemicals like acid, caustic etc
• Must be a team worker, and maintain good relation ship with others
• Preparation of procedures, best practices etc as directed by Senior Operator
• To assist senior operator in discharging day to day plant activities
• To report plant defects to senior operator
• Start up, shutdown of plant and equipments as directed by senior operator
• To guide other plant operators/helper in safe, reliable and efficient operation of plant
• Any other duty as assigned by the Senior Operator or the Operations Manager.
Key Skills Set:
• Knowledge: power plant operation
• Knowledge of safety and environmental procedures and safe work practices
• Knowledge of operating philosophy of plant and operating practices
• Ability to do small maintenance works
• Knowledge in fire fighting system
• Must be patient
• Must be a good team worker
• Trust worthy
• Must be able to work in rotating shifts, and willingness to learn
• Accepting challenges as ways of improvement
• Able to work in a culturally diversified environment
Key Performance Areas:
• Observing safe working procedures and practices
• Knowledge of process and systems prevalent in plant
• Maintaining good house keeping through out plant
• Willingness to learn
How to Apply:
Send your CV and your resumes to:
Human Resources Manager Songas Limited P.O. Box 6342 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania