Job Title: Medical Record Assistant 11- PMGSS 6 (2 Posts)
Employer: Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 29th Sept 2014
• Collecting, tabulating, analyzing and interpret disease and patient's statistics to make them available to relevant stakeholders for planning diagnostic and decision making purposes.
• Registering patients, filing and retrieving patients' records.
• Planning and designing alternative methods for collection, storage, and reir eval of health records by using modern technology.
• Facilitating availability of health records and statistical data for the purposes of carrying out research.
• Sensitizing Institute workers on suitable means for storage of health records and information.
• Carrying out clinical coding and classification of disease and their diagnosis.
• Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior.
• Holder of Diploma in Health or Medical Records from a recognized institution.
How to Apply:
1. Applicants must send their handwritten application letters attached with current Curriculum Vita (CV) with three referees, certified copies of academic certificates, and Birth certificate.
2. Testimonials, Partial transcripts, and results slip will not be accepted.
3. Applications should be made on the strength of the requirements provided in the advertisement;
4. Applicants who have foreign certificates should certify the same to the relevant authority before submitting their applications.
5. Applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their applications to their current employers.
6. Presentation of forged certificates and other information in the CV shall call for legal action;
7. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed the date for interview;
8. The applications should reach the office of the undersigned not later than 14 days from the first appearance date of this advertisement.
The Executive Director,
Ocean Road Cancer Institute
P.O. BOX 3592
Dar es Salaam.