Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 19th Sept 2014
The role is responsible for driving of company vehicles. Does maintenance of vehicles and keeps record of maintenance. Help plant operator in operations of plant. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment, considering the environmental implications of their work.
The Assistant Field Operator is expected to:
• Drive company vehicles as instructed by the senior operator in shift.
• Do plant operation activities as directed by senior operator/plant operator.
• Drive company vehicle in safe and efficient way, obeying traffic laws.
• Pick and drop visitors to plant as directed by senior operator.
• Maintain vehicle in his custody, fuel it and keep it clean.
• Perform housekeeping in plant as directed by plant operator/senior operator.
• Report abnormalities observed in plant to plant operator.
• Learn about the plant, operating philosophy and procedures.
• Follow company policies and procedures.
• Proactively participate in and contribute to the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
• A minimum qualification of a Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
• Certificate in Basic Driving course from a recognised Vocational institute.
• Experience and ability to drive vehicle skilfully and in a safely manner.
• Possesses valid Tanzanian Driving license for the vehicle intended to drive.
• Good communication skills both in English and Swahili.
• Knowledge of safety and environmental procedures and safe work practices.
• Ability to learn plant process and maintain good housekeeping in the plant.
• Safe way of handling vehicle, cleaning and maintaining vehicle in good condition, with fuel, maintaining good housekeeping throughout plant.
• Willingness to learn.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and your resumes to:
Human Resources Manager Songas Limited P.O. Box 6342 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania