Job Title: Accountant
Employer: NRD EA
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 3rd Oct 2014
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
• Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
• Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• prepare financial monthly management report
• prepare all tax return to TRA and statutory contributions
• perform any other duties as may be required by the management
• The applicants must have a minimum of 3 years in accounting management and finance.
• Degree in accounting and finance management
• A professional certification such as ACCA or CPA is preferable
• Good communication skills
• Ability to use analysis tools such as MS excel