Job title: Records Management Assistant
Employer: The Institute of Finance Management
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam & Mwanza
Application Deadline: 19th August 2014
Duties and Responsibilities
• Retrieves documents, files and other types of records for use by relevant officers;
• Maintains proper records of incoming and outgoing files and documents.
• Analyzes lists, put labels and arranges documents/files in classified indexes in different categories;
• Puts records/documents/files in file racks/cabinets in registry;
• Put records (letters, minutes etc) in appropriate files and repositories.
Qualifications and Experience
• Holder of Certificate of Secondary Education with a one year certificate in records Management with five (5) years work experience or Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education who has obtained a Certificate in Records Management or equivalent qualification from recognized institutions with three years work experience or Ordinary Diploma in records Management from recognized institution with three years work Experience.
• This position holds salary scale of PGSS 7/8 and other fringe benefits as per
Institute’s incentive scheme.
How to Apply:
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiv. Dead line for application is 19th August, 2014 at 3:30 p.m
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xix. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100
S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.