Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Microfinance Advisor Job at Trias Tanzania
Job title: Microfinance Advisor
Employer: Trias Tanzania
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 26th August 2014
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the members of our partner Member Based Organisations have access to affordable and appropriate micro-finance services that assist them in improving their livelihoods. This implies that you will (in cooperation with our partner organizations, the Trias Tanzania team and the MF advisor in Belgium);
• Assess the capacities of MF institutions such as SACCOS, e.g. in terms of effectiveness, financial sustainability, democratic level, etc.
• Design MF strategies for new and existing programmes
• Assess the effectiveness of MF strategies in on-going programmes and make recommendations for improvement
• Support the implementation of the MF strategies by means of monitoring, providing advice and organizing capacity building activities.
• Regularly inform the Trias Tanzania team and the MF advisor in Belgium about the activities, progress towards objectives, challenges and opportunities on Micro-Finance
• Identify supportive organizations, institutes or companies such as for training;
• Support MF partners with strategic planning and steering: Organize participative (business) planning processes, strengthening plans, governance structures, sustainability, product development, SPM, refinancing and fund raising;
• A master degree or postgraduate degree in economics, accountancy or a related field;
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in microfinance, experience with rural partner assessment and selection;
• A broad view on small scale rural microfinance: financial management, organization structures, the role of big national actors, MIS systems, SPM, governance systems, different credit modalities, strategic planning, M&E systems, auditing, Value Chain Finance, etc.;
• Good written and oral reporting skills in English; experience with international donors is a plus;
• Ability to work on very different levels, from strategic management and shareholder ownership issues to very operational client level.
• Experience with pro-actively shaping a MF training plan, preferably for small scale SACCOS and VICOBAs;
How to apply:
Application letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 3 pages) should be sent by e-mail to trias.tanzania @triasngo.be with the following subject line “Application MF advisor”.
NB: At this stage you do not need to send copies of diplomas or certificates
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted