Employer: Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
Duty Station: Singida
Application Deadline: 29th August 2014
Key qualifications for the Weighbridge Operator;
• Minimum Education Qualification is a Full Technician Certificate in Civil, Highway, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC) ¬Higher Qualifications will be of added Advantage;
• Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution);
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
• Age limit of not above 35 years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The holder of this post should observe good customer care, dignity and integrity to carrying out all activities as described in the road traffic (Maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 including the following duties:-
• Enforcing Road traffic Axle load control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
• Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) from 3,500kg or above plying on our public roads;
• Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles
• Measuring physical dimension of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle and cause to seek a special permit to transporters in case of non compliance with vehicle dimensions limit;
• Ascertain compliance to the abnormal load permit and report any discrepancy to the shift in charge for the appropriate actions;
• Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the shift in charge and/or Regional Manager.
How to Apply:
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit
their applications in writing enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates with names of two reputable referees (One must be academic referee) their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and mail ad- )} dresses so as to reach the below mentioned addressee not later than 16:30 Local Hours on 29th August, 2014. S Late Applications and Electronic Applications will not be considered for further evaluations for the recruitment. Applications may be de- a livered by hand or through Tanzania Posts Corporation (POSTA) or any other registered mail services.
Only successful candidates will be notified for interview. Those applicants who will not get letters of invitation for interview should consider themselves unsuccessful. .
Please Apply to:
REGIONAL MANAGER, TANROADS,
P.O. Box 6, SINGIDA.