Job Title: Field Surveys Supervisor For The Central Corridor Transport Observatory
Employer: Central Corridor - Transit Transport Facilitation Agency (TTFA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Saalam
Application Deadline: 15th August 2014
Objectives of the Field Supervisor Role
The general objective for the survey with regard to road transport is to gather information on delays along the corridor among the truck drivers and operators (as well as owners), possible reasons and other desired data for the Observatory by means of a questionnaires (or any other similar data collection tools) accompanied with GPS kits (or any other technological tools identified). The Supervisor will be primarily responsible to ensure that the survey is smoothly carried out on the field and required and good quality data is collected from the field as well as establishing a close relationship with the drivers and operators and truck owners.
The Supervisor’s role is expected to achieve the following specific objectives:
• To identify and establish a sustainable relationship with transporters, truck drivers and affiliated stakeholders through transporters associations and similar organizations.
• To develop effective data collection tools for the survey.
• To ensure achievement of at least 60% effective sample rate on the survey work with a minimum of 200 well filled questionnaires and 100 GPS complete data spread representatively among the corridor member states per quarter together with the soft version of the same in a well consolidated and formatted manner.
• To train transporters, truck drivers and affiliated stakeholders involved in the surveys to ensure effective execution of the activities and reliable data collection process.
• To facilitate issuance and management of GPS kits or any other technological tools identified for the survey work ensuring optimal turnaround time for the use of the technology.
• To continuously sensitize transporters, truck drivers and affiliated stakeholders on the transport Observatory work and its significance.
• To participate in the development of the corridor performance indicators and subsequently data requirement that inform the data collection tools selected.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; easy in establishing and maintaining working relationships with collaborators.
• Have self drive, honest and discrete.
• Good report writing and communication skills;
• Must have already supervised a road survey for at least one year in the region.
• Prior experience of working with transit truck operators or transporters is a desirable quality.
• Must have prior research experience that involve development of data collection tools and report writing of at least one year.
• Must have computer skills especially relating to data handling like Microsoft Excel and
• Access, SPSS etc.
• Must possess a minimum of a College Diploma preferably in transport and logistics or research. Holding a university degree is desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application and signed detailed CVs (in .pdf
format) indicating their full addresses together with copies of all the relevant supporting
documents (zipped certificates and testimonials) to the Executive Secretary CCTTFA by 15th August 2014 through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , physical applications will not be accepted.