Job Title: Finance and Administration / Business Development Services (BDS) Officer
Employer: TCCIA (Tanzanian Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture)
Duty Station: Babati
Application Deadline: 15th August 2014
TCCIA Manyara is looking for a Finance and Administration / Business Development Services (BDS) Officer
Context of the Job:
This position combines two functions: financial and administration officer and BDS Officer. The candidate should be able to perform accountancy and admin duties for TCCIA Manyara and also provide basic business and accounting training to the target group (entrepreneurs & other members). He / she will work in close cooperation with the Sr. BDS officer and the other TCCIA Manyara staff.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Conduct business visits (member needs assessment & monitoring)
• Conduct entrepreneurial training for members e.g. record keeping, basic accounting
• Link members with micro finance institutions
• Manage the (Youth) Credit fund
• Support the Executive officer and BDS advisor with lobby & Advocacy activities
• Write project proposals / fundraising
• Ensure members pay fees
• Petty cash management
• Financial management / bookkeeping
• Support BDS advisor and executive officer
• Recruit new members
• Perform any other tasks assigned to you by your supervisor.
• An Accounting degree or related field
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in the accounting field
• A demonstrable experience as an accountant, finance officer or grant manager
• Preferable familiarity & experience in the international NGO sector as well as experience with handling a portfolio of funds from international donors;
• Conversant with computerized accounting packages (e.g. Quick-book), double entry and analytical bookkeeping systems, data presentation, Excel and MS Word;
• Knowledge in keeping a manual cash book
• An accurate eye for details, strong analytical & problem-solving capabilities;
• Must be pro-active and able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure;
• Has excellent coordination, organizational and inter-personal skills and attitudes;
• Can develop and facilitate trainings for the members in e.g. bookkeeping and record keeping
• Skills in experience in writing project proposals in an advantage
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili both oral and written.
Closing date is Friday 15 August 2014.
How to apply:
Application letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 4 pages) should be sent by e-mail to Chairman Mr. Karunde at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line “Financial and Admin / BDS Officer”.
NB: At this stage you do not need to send copies of diploma’s or certificates
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted