Monday, 11 August 2014
Accountant Job Vacancy at Maji Safi Group
Job Title: ACCOUNTANT
Employer: Maji Safi Group
Duty Station: Shirati
Application Deadline: 29th August 2014
The Maji Safi Group is seeking a self-motivated, competent, and detail-orientated individual to serve as the organization’s primary accountant.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Planning and Day- to-Day responsibilities
• Developing financial guidelines for Maji Safi Group (MSG) and ensuring MSG is compliant with the National Financial Policy of Tanzania
• Preparing budgets for MSG
• Conducting and preparing workshops, hand-outs and health awareness documents
• Maintaining proper financial records and files in accordance with the project budget
• Preparing MSG accounting documents and forms (example: payment vouchers, order forms, and payroll)
• Checking and signing MSG accounting documents and forms
• Preparing checks for the Programs Manager, Director of Operations, and Executive Director along with the program activities in the budget
• In collaboration with the Programs Manager, with approval from the Executive Director and/or Director of Operations, procure supplies and materials for MSG
• Inventory management, disbursement and Goods Received Notes (GRN)
• Help create a workspace that thrives on creativity, happiness, and continuous learning.
• Procure materials needed for MSG
• Assisting the project teams in different tasks
• Performing other relevant duties as required by the Programs Manger, Director of
Operations, and Executive Director
• Keep up-to-date accounting books and prepare for annual audit
Evaluation and Reporting
• Preparing financial reports for the project team and advising them accordingly
• Monitoring and analysing project expenditures and income with respect to the approved budget and work plan
• Realizing, on a monthly basis, bank, bookkeeping and expenditures reconciliations against project budget
• Hold regular meetings with CHWs, Programs Manager, and Director of Operations to monitor the budget of the programs.
• Effectively communicate relevant information about financial stability to the Programs Manager, Director of Operations and Executive Director.
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
i) University Degree/ Advanced Diploma majoring in Accounting from a recognized higher learning institution.
ii) Certified Public Accountant, CPA (T) or ACCA and must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of Associate Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).
Holder of NABE III /ATEC II/NABOCE/Ordinary Diploma in Accountancy or related field
iii) Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting softwares.
iv) A strong background of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and good knowledge of Public Sector Accounting and Reporting Principles.
v) Working experience of 4 years or more
vi) Experience in performing administrative functions will be an added advantage.
vii) Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics.
viii) High proficiency in English reading, writing, and speaking as well as being a native Swahili speaker is mandatory.
viiii) High computer literacy, including knowledge of excel, word, and PowerPoint is mandatory.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
i) A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
ii) Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
iii) Ability to work in a small and dynamic team;
iv) Ability to self manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
v) Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
TENURE AND REMUNERATION
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts. MSG is an equal opportunity employer. Staff will be employed on three (3) years contracts that are renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Please submit via email the following:
• Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), scanned copies of certificates, and at least two references (include their name, relation, and contract information).
The application process will be rolling through August 29th 2014
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letters should be sent to the email address shown below: