Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 8th Aug 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure that customer complaints are handled properly;
• To provide support in ensuring timely and effective provision of financial and administrative services to the zonal office.
• To provide support in overseeing prudent management of the Authority’s resources at zonal offices, including to keep records on their utilization
• To monitor compliance inspections to regulated suppliers as may be directed by Divisional Directors;
• Conduct pre-license inspections and monitor compliance to license terms and conditions as may be directed by Divisional Directors;
• Provide support to the awareness and public education activities in the zone;
• Act as spokesman of the zonal office under the direction of his/her superiors; and
• Carry out any additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
• University Degree in Law, Business Administration, General Management, Economics or Engineering.
• Possession of Master degree or Post graduate qualifications in any of the above mentioned fields.
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
• Knowledge and familiarity in Regulated Sectors will be an added advantage.
• Possession of at least six (6) years experience in relevant fields.
Tenure and Remuneration
• A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
• EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
• Staff will be employed on 5 years renewable contracts.
How to Apply:
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and names and contacts of two referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 8th August 2014.
Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Samora Avenue, 6th Floor, Harbour View Towers
(Former JM Mall Building) P O Box 72175
DAR ES SALAAM