Employer: Equity For Tanzania Ltd
Duty Station: Moshi, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 25th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist EFTA to build a strong supplier base to increase choice for our customers. This involves vetting potential new suppliers to ensure they provide quality equipment and after-sales service, and includes site inspection visits.
• Trouble shoot equipment problems after installation and liaise with both customers and suppliers for repair, acting as a go-between in difficult situations.
• Formulate supplier proposals for the review of the EFTA Credit Committee.
• Assess equipment and machinery for suitability for a customer’s needs.
• Coordinate with the investment team, finance team and suppliers to ensure that the appropriate work flow is followed after Credit Committee approval by:
o drafting purchase orders for signature;
o drafting approval letters;
o drafting lease agreements;
o preparing payment documentation
o assisting in coordination of deliveries.
• Assist in specification and purchasing for other equipment required for effective investment management, such as GPS locators, GPS equipment tracking and hand-held smart devices.
• Support with logistical company tasks such as office procurement.
• Support reconditioning and re-sale of repossessed equipment assisting in buy-backs with trusted suppliers and maintaining database of potential buyers.
• Work with the Supplier and Operations Manager to assess the value of machinery in outstanding investments.
• Three key skills are required for this position:
• excellent written English with the ability to write supplier proposals and letters to customers with minimal need for supervision;
• High achievement in mathematics, enabling the applicant to execute the various arithmetic tasks associated with machinery valuation, purchase order formulation and lease repayment calculations; and a strong knowledge of engineering and electronics, allowing the applicant to vet supplier machinery confidently, assess suitability for customer needs and diagnose any machinery breakdowns once operational.
• Beyond this, the applicant will be asked to prove that they are:
• problem solvers, who can analyse difficult situations and provide solutions where others cannot;
• good with people in order to resolve difficult situations; well-organised to manage the many different day-to-day tasks he/she will be allocated;
• Motivated in order to thrive in a fast-paced hard-working organisation; and reliable in order to cope with the increasing responsibilities which will accompany this role.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure that your CV includes:
? Your personal details, including full name and contact details
? A description of what you see as your strongest personal skills
? A list of all previous employment including the dates you were in that employment, your job title and your primary responsibilities
? A summary of your academic record, including the educational institutions you have attended and academic scores
? Any additional courses attended or qualifications
? Any other relevant experience, such as volunteering positions or participation in clubs or societies
? Details of three personal references
? If you are not a Tanzanian citizen, your nationality and permissions to work in Tanzania
You cover letter should include:
? A reference to where you saw the advert and which position you are applying for
? Why you are interested in working for EFTA
? Why you are interested in this role in particular
? Why you think you would be good at this role. If possible, you should reference specific experience and/or
character traits you think support this case
? When you are available to start, and if there are any dates you would not be able to come to interview