Job Title: Students Welfare Officer II - 1 Position
Employer: Nelson Mandela African Institution Science & Technology (NM-AIST)
Application Deadline: 31st July 2014
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has granted NM-AIST employment permits Ref. No. BC.10/87/012/J/88 and Ref. No.BC.10/87/012/J/84 to employ 18 staff.
Minimum Entry Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a University degree with a bias in Educational Psychology/Divinity or Social Welfare and Counseling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the Dean of Students in Students Counseling and guidance in one’s respective Hall of Residence
• Assists in coordinating students cultural, recreational and sports activities
• Assists in supervising the general election of the students’ government
• Assists in handling students problems relating to accommodation, catering services etc
• Assists in supervising all hostel residence meetings
• Assists the Dean of Students in Students to take care of all hospitalized students
• Assists the Dean of Students and Students to inspect cleanness of hostels of residence
• Ensuring that student’s by-laws are adhered.
• Performing any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to him by one’s reporting officer
Salary Scale - PGSS 11
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to submit their applications incorporating the following:
(i) Certified photocopies of relevant Certificates and Academic Transcripts
(ii) Curriculum Vitae (mentioning the date of birth as well)
(iii) Names of at least two referees
(iv) Contact details: postal address, telephone and e-mail addresses.
(v) Those who are employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers
All applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Planning, Finance and Administration,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST),
NB: This advertisement can also be accessed through the website of the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology; www.nm-aist.ac.tz.