Job Title: Senior Legal Officer – Licensing and Enforcement – 1 Post
Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 8th Aug 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To participate interpretation of all regulatory legislation and other legal documents
• To assist in preparing the Authority’s representation in matters of litigation
• To assist in interpretation of all regulatory legislation and other legal documents
• To assist in coordinating, drafting and updating concessions, lease and license agreements in the regulated sectors
• To assist in reviewing appeals, procedures and enforce actions
• To assist in providing inputs to research on legislation and other legal aspects pertaining to regulated sectors and the role and functions of the Authority
• To participate in provision of legal inputs and advice to and settle consumer complaints as well as from regulated suppliers
• To participate in drafting various legal instruments
• To effectively supervise and guide staff member(s) reporting to the job position
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
• University degree in laws (LL.B) from a recognized university
• Admission to the Bar is a must.
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
• Possession of at least five (5) years work experience in relevant fields.
• Knowledge and familiarity in Regulated Sectors will be an added advantage.
Tenure and Remuneration
• A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
• EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
• Staff will be employed on 5 years renewable contracts.
How to Apply:
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and names and contacts of two referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 8th August 2014.
Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Samora Avenue, 6th Floor, Harbour View Towers
(Former JM Mall Building) P O Box 72175
DAR ES SALAAM