Employer: Nelson Mandela African Institution Science & Technology (NM-AIST)
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st July 2014
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has granted NM-AIST employment permits Ref. No. BC.10/87/012/J/88 and Ref. No.BC.10/87/012/J/84 to employ 18 staff.
Minimum Entry Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of Advanced Diploma Certificates in computer maintenance and repair from a recognized Institution plus working experience of at least five years of full-time work as IT Systems Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyses hardware and software problems and finds solutions
• Manages storage media, copies of software and documentations of computer systems
• Keeps records of systems inventories
• Notifies users of network outages or other services impacting issues
• Provides updates on repair progress and network status
• Communicates with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products
• Stores all media with copies of software and documentations of computer systems
• Assists other staff in finding sources documentations and solutions for identified problems
• Makes computations and prepare routine and special reports, tabulate and assemble complex fiscal, statistical and related data
• Advises operating and programming personnel of data entry problems in complex projects such as the design of data format specification
Salary Scale - PGSS 11
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to submit their applications incorporating the following:
(i) Certified photocopies of relevant Certificates and Academic Transcripts
(ii) Curriculum Vitae (mentioning the date of birth as well)
(iii) Names of at least two referees
(iv) Contact details: postal address, telephone and e-mail addresses.
(v) Those who are employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers
All applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Planning, Finance and Administration,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST),
P.O. Box 447 Arusha,
NB: This advertisement can also be accessed through the website of the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology; www.nm-aist.ac.tz.