Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 8th Aug 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To coordinate interpretation of all regulatory legislation and other legal documents.
• To assist in representing the Authority in matters of litigation.
• To coordinate implementation of laws, regulations, rules, contracts, agreements and other legal instruments, including providing legal advice on internal matters such as Human Resources, procurement and contracts for goods and services entered into by the Authority.
• To provide inputs to research on legislation and other legal aspects pertaining to regulated sectors and the role and functions of the Authority.
• To coordinate provision of legal inputs and advice to and settle consumer complaints as well as from regulated suppliers.
• To participate in consumer complaints hearing sessions.
• To participate in drafting various legal instruments.
• To effectively supervise and guide members of staff reporting on the job.
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Carry out any additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
• University Degree in Laws (LL.B) from a recognized university
• Master degree in Law or any additional post graduate qualifications in the field or others such as Business Administration.
• Admission to the Bar is a must.
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
• Possession of at least six (6) years work experience in relevant fields.
• Knowledge and familiarity in Regulated Sectors will be an added advantage.
Tenure and Remuneration
• A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
• EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
• Staff will be employed on 5 years renewable contracts.
How to Apply:
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and names and contacts of two referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 8th August 2014.
Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Samora Avenue, 6th Floor, Harbour View Towers
(Former JM Mall Building) P O Box 72175
DAR ES SALAAM