Job Title: Commercial Manager – Petroleum -1 Post
Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 8th Aug 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that license applications are in conformity with laid down procedures and regulations and that the applicants conform to the requirements of the sector legislations.
- Monitor licensee compliance with applicable laws, regulations and license terms and Conditions and prepare periodic reports for the Director of Petroleum on licensee compliance and performance yardstick to assist in the development of performance agreements between the Authority and the licensees.
- Monitor and report anti-competition behavior.
- Monitor product demand and supply situation.
- Monitor and analyze domestic market price of petroleum products and make comparison with international prices and prepare reports for public information.
- Organize submission of information from all licensees regarding petroleum products inventories and sales volumes and analyze such data for continuous update of the central Register of Petroleum Operations and the National Petroleum Information System.
- Carry out any additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Petroleum.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Geology, Engineering (Petroleum or Chemical Processing) or Earth Science from a recognized University;
- Master or Postgraduate qualifications in relevant field or other fields such as Business Administration;
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) applications; and
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in senior position in the petroleum industry.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on 5 years renewable contracts.
How to Apply:
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and names and contacts of two referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 8th August 2014.
Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Samora Avenue, 6th
Floor, Harbour View Towers
Building P O Box 72175
DAR ES SALAAM