Job Title: Associate, Malaria Testing In Accredited Drug Dispensing Outlets
Employer: Clinton Health Access Initiative
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st July 2014
• Become very familiar with the intervention and evaluations that CHAI has conducted in the pilot region (training and certifying ADDO dispensers to conduct mRDTs, and monitoring their performance)
• Travel frequently to the pilot sites (in Morogoro region) to supervise the progress of the study, address any challenges, and work with local government officials.
• Work with the CHAI team and government officials to assess the benefits and challenges of the program, particularly those relevant to the program’s expansion, and how challenges could be managed in a scale-up.
• Work with relevant government agencies to determine whether and how a scale-up should be done.
• Design a plan for the program to be expanded nationally.
• Work with the government and relevant partner organizations to initiate the implementation of these plans.
• Support other objectives of CHAI and the NMCP related to increasing access to malaria testing and treatment, and take on other tasks as requested by the Malaria Program Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-4 years of post-university work experience
• Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Fluent in English
• Fluent or proficient in Swahili
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, work independently, and consistently deliver work on time
• Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong work ethic and flexibility
• Ability to develop strong relationships with wide range of people
• Willing to spend extended periods of time traveling in remote areas of Tanzania
• Master’s degree in public health, social science, business, or other related field
• Experience working in developing countries & rural areas
• Experience working with government and/or international organizations
• Experience working in public health, particularly malaria and/or diagnostic testing
• Familiarity with social science, epidemiological, or other field research, including basic statistical evaluation methods
How to Apply:
Please apply at https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/intro. (Select location: ‘Tanzania’)