Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th July 2014
• Defines and periodically revises the RAN strategy to meet the requirements of the marketing & customer services functions, and fulfills the network KPIs of CMO.
• Obtains detailed capacity requirements from the technical and commercial team
• leaders, and utilizes these capacity requirements to produce the Transmission Access
• Plans for transmission performance optimization, and participates in the analysis of existing transmission performance statistics and recommends necessary actions to the Head GSM Technical.
• Participates in the preparation and review of technical specifications in order to meet key performance indicators for GSM service.
• Participates in the preparation of Network Designs and submits to the Head GSM Technical.
• Conducts Technical Site Surveys for transmission as per agreed schedule & leads all acceptance testing processes of the Transmission networks in liaison with Network Deployment and Operations departments.
• Provides input into the Access Transmission disaster recovery plan for critical core network nodes and centres, & leads the acceptance testing of the Access Networks
• DRP in line with agreed Business Continuity Plans (BCPs).
• Conducts periodic assessments for Access network nodes and tools and
• recommends necessary action to operational team leaders.
• Reviews technology and service trends in the telecommunications field and
• Recommends on areas of improvement.
• Gives inputs to update records on used IP addresses, generates and maintains
• Transmission network records, and provides inputs into spectrum usage reports for the Regulator.
• Collects and analyses Transmission network statistics against agreed KPIs and best practice so as to identify areas of improvement.
• Receives optimization reports from Team leaders and performs necessary action, including executing impact assessment for any envisaged/approved changes in the network Initiates changes into the Transmission network by producing internal work orders and change requests for implementation.
• Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering combined with at least 4 years experience in a technical function within a telecommunications environment, or Bachelor’s degree in computing / computer sciences combined with at least 6 years in a technical function within a Telecommunications environment.
• Applicants should demonstrate the following skills, aptitudes & mindsets
• A good knowledge of current telecommunications environment including the key
• products and services
• Wide knowledge of 2G and 3G Cellular Network Standards.
• Programming skills in various packages such as Visual Basic 2005, HIT scripting, VB with Microsoft Excel using DB.
• Proficiency in DB administration, with experience in the use of systems based on MySQL and Microsoft Access.
• Have full knowledge and/or experience in operating spectrum analyzers, antennas, CW receiver and using a GPS, as well as data collection tools used during optimization drive testing.
• Demonstrable knowledge in collecting, analyzing, and evaluating measurement drive data.
• Knowledge and/or experience with technologies such as CDMA, EVDO, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, and iDEN.
• Understanding of network statistics for cell-level optimization.
How to Apply:
APPLICATIONS should be submitted on the application form accessible in TTCL website www.ttcl.co.tz
You are requested to follow all instructions.
The job reference number should be clearly indicated in the space provided in the form
If any difficulties when applying contact our system administrator on 0222142553, 0222142607 during office hours for assistance