Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th July 2014
• Obtaining capacity requirements from the technical teams and consultants, and producing the Core Network Plan. This also entails full participation in the preparation and review of technical specifications in order to meet key network performance indicators and business requirements for new services and platforms.
• Participating in the analysis of existing Core Network platforms performance statistics and recommending necessary actions to technical teams and consultants.
• Participating in the preparation of Network Designs including the creation of destinations and sub-destinations, circuit groups, numbering plan analysis and changes, GT, short codes, signaling point codes, IP addresses etc. for Core Network, based on the naming and numbering conventions adopted, fixing the routing types and creating the routing source data for each network element
• Define CS Core Network signaling points, links and link sets, routes and route sets, as well as numbering plans, which include mobile subscriber international ISDN number
• (MSISDN) ranges, mobile station roaming number (MSRN) ranges, handover number ranges, voicemail access numbers, and network element numbering and addressing.
• Define the number groups used by each network element, and the charging zones and cases for the network, including determining the collection and transfer of charging records, and generate the corresponding source data for each network element.
• Leading all acceptance testing processes for the Core Network in liaison with
• Technical Consultants, as well as Network Deployment and Operations departments.
• Providing input into the CS Core network disaster recovery plan for critical core network nodes and centres and executing acceptance testing of the CS Core Network DRP in line with agreed BCP.
• Conducting periodic assessments for Core Network nodes and tools and recommending necessary action.
• Providing input to Core Network usage reports for the regulator and generating and maintaining Core network records for various stakeholders in the commercial and technical functions.
• Collecting and analyzing core network statistics against agreed KPIs and best practice so as to identify areas of improvement. This includes receiving and analyzing optimization reports from Network Performance and NOC.
• Performing impact assessment (dependences) before recommending any changes in the network through direct reports, as well as leading any changes into the core network by producing internal work orders, change requests and test scripts for implementation.
• Follows up on changes implemented and ensures that impact assessment is done on changes made by testing and observation through direct reports.
• Reviewing technology and service trends in the telecommunications field and recommends on areas of improvement.
• Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering combined with at least 4 years of experience in a technical function within a telecommunications environment, or Bachelor’s degree in computing / computer sciences combined with at least 6 years in a technical function within a telecommunications environment.
• Applicants should demonstrate the following skills, aptitudes & mindsets
• A good knowledge of current telecommunications environment including the key products and services
• Wide knowledge of 2G and 3G Cellular Network Standards.
• Programming skills in various packages such as Visual Basic 2005, HIT scripting, VB with Microsoft Excel using DB.
• Proficiency in DB administration, with experience in the use of systems based on MySQL and Microsoft Access.
• Project management using Microsoft Project.
How to Apply:
APPLICATIONS should be submitted on the application form accessible in TTCL website www.ttcl.co.tz
You are requested to follow all instructions.
The job reference number should be clearly indicated in the space provided in the form
If any difficulties when applying contact our system administrator on 0222142553, 0222142607 during office hours for assistance