Employer: Management and Development for Health, (MDH)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The M&E coordinator is responsible in coordinating program monitoring and reporting activities for C&T, TB/HIV and PMTCT programs.
• Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national M&E system for both care and treatment and PMTCT
• Build capacity of site staff and district clinical monitors to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, compilation and timely reporting at site level.
• Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation framework of the organization including indicator mapping
• Develop and implement SOP for how data for each indicator are to be collected, managed, verified and used at each level of the health information system.
• Prepare quarterly, semi annual and annual progress within prescribed deadlines
• Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for program planning, management and evaluation
• Lead the preparation of M&E based quarterly feedback reports to the sub grantees to district partners, and Ministry of health partners.
• participate in periodic in data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual sites.
• Liaising with the Evaluation and Research coordinator in identifying areas for operational research.
• Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Programs.
• A degree in public health or equivalent. Masters in Public Health will be an added advantage.
• Previous work experience in M&E in HIV related interventions.
• Knowledge and skills in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, etc is very essential
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & power point, and Access).
• Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines o Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 30th July, 2014 to:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 79810
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by hand at our Mikocheni Office.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted