Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 28th July 2014
• To ensure proper installation and operation of IT systems.
• To continuously monitor IT systems performance and gather all necessary metrics to proactively act on issues that may result in service interruption.
• To develop, disseminate, monitor implementation and review IT systems operational guidelines in terms of standards, policy and procedures that ensure continuous performance improvement.
• Ensure smooth and effective interfaces with users and owners of other IT related systems such CCBS, IN, Sun flow, triple AAA server, Switches, Payroll, HRIS, etc to improve business related operations in TTCL.
• Initiates and recommends automated tools, systems upgrades and software that will improve efficiency in the monitoring system and network performance.
• Timely reports IT operation issues that require immediate attention and or action by the management.
• Provide leadership to the section by demonstrating the corporate values, accountability for actions and results of self and others and practice corporate governance in the section.
• Provide inputs to TTCL’s corporate planning processes and develop sectional objectives and functional plans that support the achievement of TTCL’s corporate objectives.
• Accountable for the development of employees and ensure the section has adequate performance capabilities in terms of skills and resources necessary to accomplish sectional objectives.
• Accountable for performance management of employees including setting objectives, providing regular feedback on performance and coaching and mentoring to improve performance and maximize employees’ satisfaction.
• Accountable for developing section budget and monitor and control sectional expenditures and costs to meet effective use of TTCL’s financial resources.
• Implements and exercise delegated authority and any other instructions and directives as may be issued by the management from time to time.
• A University degree in Computer/Electronic engineering, computer science or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• 3 years experience in IT operation and or support function in a supervisory role in a highly IT dependant organization.
• Good knowledge of various IT applications and systems as they relate to a telecommunications business.
• Good knowledge and understanding of data communications technologies for the “New Public Network” including ATM, Frame Relay, xDSL and IP, good understanding of major layer2 and layer3 vendor products including ATM core switches, Subscriber Management Systems, DSLAMs, Edge Concentrators, Routers, Switches etc.;
• Good knowledge and understanding of major layer2 and layer3 Element Management Systems, i.e. Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, Nokia, Juniper, Alcatel, etc.
• Understanding of general network management processes and environments including trouble management, configuration management, change management and how these relate to provisioning.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to foster dynamic teamwork and collaboration.
How to Apply:
APPLICATIONS should be submitted on the application form accessible in TTCL website www.ttcl.co.tz
You are requested to follow all instructions.
The job reference number should be clearly indicated in the space provided in the form
If any difficulties when applying contact our system administrator on 0222142553, 0222142607 during office hours for assistance