Employer: Management and Development for Health, (MDH)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Laboratory Responsibilities:
• The LSCC is responsible for ensuring that MDH supported sites meet national standard for laboratory practice required to support all project activities, including capacity building of laboratory personnel through training and mentorship.
• Ensuring good quality clinical laboratory testing in MDH supported private and public sites by assessing site needs and addressing them, identifying areas for quality improvement and provide technical assistance, ensure Lab manuals, guidelines work sheets and forms are utilizes appropriately and ensure availability of reagents and other lab supplies.
• Play supportive role in provision of technical assistance for the selected labs for accreditation, as directed by the MDH Laboratory Services Manager.
• Assist the Lab Services Manager in the development of proposals, budgets, work-plans and reports related to MDH’s Laboratory services support activities.
• Facilitate reports by preparing quarterly, semiannually and annually reports.
• Suggest innovative strategies for strengthening laboratory activities to improve quality of clinical care.
• Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the Lab Services Manager.
B. Supply Chain Management Responsibilities:
• Ensure MDH supported sites meet national standard for ARV and related commodity supply chain management by training district staff to provide high quality services, ensuring availability and proper use of validated drug management tools, designing improved processes and procedures of supply chain systems.
• Ensures uninterrupted supply in HIV-related commodities at all MDH-supported sites by forecasting and budgeting properly, ensuring two to three months buffer stock of all needed clinical and Lab commodities at all MDH sites, ensuring both procurement and distribution procedures of commodities are done appropriately.
• Keep track of drug flow between stores and MDH supported sites and continuously update and educate site staff on developments and issues related to new drug formulations, national and zonal ARV and OI drugs stocks update.
• Assist in the development of proposals, budgets, work plans and reports related to MDH’s activities concerning pharmaceuticals and drugs commodities management
o Prepare quarterly, semi annually and annually reports
• Collecting on monthly basis information about the stock at all MDH supported sites/districts, compile per region for reporting purpose Provide regular information to Regional Project Manager on any challenges and solutions associated with ARV drugs, OI drugs and test kits availability at site and district level.
• Liaise with the ARV focal pharmacists and municipal counterparts on quarterly basis
To address any concerns or problems that they are faced with regarding supply chain issues of HIV/AIDS commodities and related supplies.
• Innovate best practices in ARVs and related commodities supply chain system management
• Actively perform supportive supervisions to MDH supported sites, and use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management.
• Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
• Senior pharmacist with degree/diploma in pharmacy
• Public Health background
• 3 years of experience in Health commodities management within public and private sector (forecasting, procurement, distribution and monitoring);
• 2 years’ experience previous work in HIV/AIDS prevention of Care and Treatment program or projects
• In-depth understanding/knowledge of national and international drugs/ARV policy and procurement issues an advantage
• Excellent written and oral communication in English ad Kiswahili
• Management of data base in access or other relevant software
• Experienced in computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, and the Internet.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 30th July, 2014 to:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 79810
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by hand at our Mikocheni Office.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted