Job Title: Senior Accountant II - 1 post
Employer: Nelson Mandela African Institution Science & Technology (NM-AIST)
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st July 2014
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has granted NM-AIST employment permits Ref. No. BC.10/87/012/J/88 and Ref. No.BC.10/87/012/J/84 to employ 18 staff.
Minimum Entry Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of University Degree in Accountancy or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy and has obtained a full CPA (T)/ACCA or its equivalent with relevant working experience of at least five years in a reputable organization must be registered with NBAA as Authorized Accountant and must be conversant with accounting package – EPICOR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Custodian of accountable documents
• Authorizes appropriate payments within delegated powers
• Preparing various financial reports and statements
• Heads, if appointed a sub-section such as revenue, expenditure, Students Accounts, Budgets etc
• Supervises staff in the respective section or sub-section
• Maintains up to date financial information on revenue, expenditure etc
• Performs any other duties as may from time to time be assigned to him/her by his/her supervisor
Salary Scale - PGSS 15
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to submit their applications incorporating the following:
(i) Certified photocopies of relevant Certificates and Academic Transcripts
(ii) Curriculum Vitae (mentioning the date of birth as well)
(iii) Names of at least two referees
(iv) Contact details: postal address, telephone and e-mail addresses.
(v) Those who are employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers
All applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Planning, Finance and Administration,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST),
P.O. Box 447 Arusha,
NB: This advertisement can also be accessed through the website of the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology; www.nm-aist.ac.tz.