Employer: Management and Development for Health, (MDH)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide technical support in terms of planning and preparing activity budgets.
• To provide technical guidance and assistance in ensuring collaboration and networking between facility based activities for CTC, TB/HIV and PMTCT with related services within the community
• To ensure an effective internal and external referral and linkage system is in place within health care facilities and also there is an effective patient follow up system for adult and children HIV infected clients within CTC, PMTCT, and TB/HIV clinics including coming up
with best approaches for improving referrals and follow up of patients within Kagera region
• Provide regular mentorship and supportive supervision on community linkage related activities to health care workers at supported facilities
• Promote capacity building of health care providers dealing with community linkage issues so as to ensure optimum performance within facilities
• Conduct routine site visits in MDH supported sites for technical support and improvement of performance in community linkage issues
• Ensuring BCC activities are fully implemented within the health care facilities and within the community in Kagera region
• Strengthen capacity of PLHIV support groups both at CTC and PMTCT clinics in improving community linkages and adherence to clinics and sustainability of income generating groups
• Work closely with in ensuring program performance and monitoring community linkage activities
• Review and monitor the implementation of guidelines on community home based care services for comprehensive HIV/AIDS services
• Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Perform other duties as required in the interests of the programme.
• Medical Doctor/Nursing degree or advanced nursing diploma
• Master’s in Public Health is an asset
• 3 years of experience working HIV prevention preferably prevention with positives and patients tracking and community linkage programs
• At least five years of proven experience in HIV-project management in the design, administration, management and implementation including supervision, M&E and reporting
• Proven experience in the development of quality improvement tools for prevention and community linkage
• Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
• Experience in computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and the Internet.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, develop and work both independently and as part of a team
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 30th July, 2014 to:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 79810
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by hand at our Mikocheni Office.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted