Job Title: Executive Coordinator
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 31st July 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordination of CD’s schedules and meetings, and response to inquiries from external and internal stakeholders and arrange travel itineraries,
• Manage the fast turnaround of information through the CD’s office, facilitate responding to CD emails, phones calls and incoming as well as outgoing communications.
• Be a contact for all International Board members, Assembly members, Directors and staff for the CD
• Ensure diary on internal meeting are informed and CD linked documents are filed
• Coordinate, facilitate and attend all AATZ Board meetings, including ensuring arrangement on logistics, agenda setting and production of final Board minutes.
• Liaison with International Board and Chair to keep them informed of key events and information updates between meetings and procedures where necessary.
• Coordinate and follow up of specific organizational priorities agreed by the Senior Leadership Team
• Assist the CD with special projects that support the advancement of the organization’s strategic priorities.
• Coordinate internal communication in relation to the CD office, Senior Management Team (SMT) and AATZ Board activities/ updates
• Provide effective communication between staff and SMT
• Develop and manage the CD and Board Budget and its effective utilization as well as reporting
The candidate will have a graduate degree in Public Administration or any other related field; exceptionally organized, detailed and flexible; excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to inform and engage through written communication; strong initiative and ability to multitask, anticipate and priorities with minimum supervision; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information; professionalism and ability to work under pressure; high capacity for work output in order to meet deadlines; strong networking/relationship building skills, ability to anticipate, coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues; excellent problem- solving skills and resourcefulness; excellent computer skills.
Qualification and Experience:
• B.A/B.Sc Degree in Secretarial Studies and Administration, Office Management and any other related degree from a recognized Institution
• Knowledge on corporate governance and Tanzania Labour laws are added advantages
• At least 3 years of relevant experience working in a law firm or a non- governmental organization
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Willingness to work and meet deadlines with resilience and reliability
• Demonstrated ability in organizing and managing priorities
• Capacity in strategic thinking and planning
• Ability to respond and give feedback on issues
• Ability to set up, support and maintain cordial working relations with the staff
• Good interpersonal relations and ability to convince others in the way of doing things
• Understanding of programming issues and policy work at state, national and international levels.
• Strength in core values of integrity, accountability, probity and loyalty to organization’s vision, mission and values
• Maintaining confidentiality
Skills and Abilities:
• Analytical and organizational skills
• Work under pressure.
• Excellent command of English, Swahili
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
• Attention to detail and thoroughness
• Ability to remain calm
• Confident, assertive, forward thinking
• Excellent command of English, Swahili
How to Apply:
Submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and state your gross salary expectation per month and send directly to HROD and SS Manager, through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21st July 2014 at 14.00hrs. Please clearly indicate “Application for Action Aid Tanzania EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR” in your email subject. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.