Job Title: Electricity Inspector – 1 Post
Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 8th Aug 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist in coordination of process of overseeing effective and efficient application of provisions of the Electricity Act in order to ensure that environmental and safety aspects of electricity sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and good industry practices.
• To assist in ensuring optimal provision of environmental and safety inputs to regulating and controlling the distribution and sale of electricity.
• To participate in coordination of inspection of electrical installation to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards.
• To participate in reviewing performance and conduct of contractors and wiremen to identifying malpractices.
• To participate in inspecting various premises and recommend correction or re-wiring.
• To participate in inspecting premises damaged by electrical accidents.
• To participate in pre and post installation inspection of electrical generators.
• To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
• University Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
• No prior work experience is required but possession of work experience in related fields will be an added advantage.
Tenure and Remuneration
• A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
• EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
• Staff will be employed on 5 years renewable contracts.
How to Apply:
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and names and contacts of two referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 8th August 2014.
Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) Samora Avenue, 6th Floor, Harbour View Towers
(Former JM Mall Building) P O Box 72175
DAR ES SALAAM