Employer: Management and Development for Health, (MDH)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, and maintain database entry and cleaning programs in the respective district
• Develop data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members
• Work with the data team in the respective district, to ensure the accuracy of data entry, and collaborate with study-specific data supervisors to resolve data entry issues
• Design, modify, generate, and maintain database reports using SAS and Microsoft Access in collaboration with other District Data Coordinators.
• Train data team members to develop and implement ad hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning programs, to resolve discrepancies in data entry
• Perform SAS programming to process and clean data, create variables and format libraries, develop queries in SAS for data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyze and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information
• to develop standard operating procedures for QA/QC, evaluation of data entry accuracy, and work performance of the data team staff members
• Develop relevant knowledge and skills on new trends in DBMS; and inform program development management
• Any other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or other educational qualifications
• Experience with MS Access and Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• A minimum of two years of data management and/or programming experience desirable
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili required, including excellent written and communication skills and the ability to convey technical information to a variety of audiences
• Ability to work both independently and as part of interdisciplinary research teams essential
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 30th July, 2014 to:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 79810
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by hand at our Mikocheni Office.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted