Sunday, 20 July 2014
Designer Careers at Squad Digital in Tanzania
Job title: Designer
Employer: Squad Digital
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Digital Designer will work on existing company digital platforms, web and mobile, and when required on new products in development.
• The designer will contribute to different projects, with your team, external agencies or independently. Focusing on delivering user experience (UX) and design specifications, such as mock-ups and wireframes, seeing that they meet our business needs. Responsible for research, devising and developing concepts based on the design brief by preparing material including working drawings, storyboards and layouts.
• Liaising with senior UX staff to ensure that designs communicate the intended message, brand identity and look and feel, and that content structure and information architecture is correct.
• To liaise with technical, commercial, editorial, project management and product management staff throughout the project phase to ensure UX work consistently answers the brief in terms of commercial and editorial needs, and functionality.
• To research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
• To take into account and contribute to any existing design styles (eg Global Experience Language) and ensure that any design work for new multi-platform projects supports OR evolves these where appropriate
• To offer expert advice to commercial, product, editorial and technical teams on design and UX principles and technologies (eg what can, and cannot, be done)
• To re-purpose existing elements and templates as required by design changes
• To keep abreast of industry design developments and technology, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a design perspective.
• To share information, ideas and best practice with other UX team members and divisional design/UX teams
Interaction Design Degree/Diploma or Graphic Design Degree/Diploma Or equivalent
Work experience and skills:
• Strong storyboard skills
• Excellent knowledge of ecommerce best practices
• Outstanding skills in Interaction Architecture, typography, animation, style guide creation, video production
• Passion for interaction design, touch screen design, and mobile platforms
• Strong Background in HTML, HTML5, CSS, and Flash
• To understand usability and navigation issues and integrate these in overall design concept
o Typesetting, design and layout skills
o Some knowledge of accessibility standards
o Knowledge of different digital platforms – web, mobile (iPad and iPhone, BlackBerry, Android), applications
o A passion for digital design
o An eye for detail
o Organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
o Patient and flexible
o Good communication skills
How to Apply:
Applicants who consider himself/herself competent with the above mentioned position, please send the soft copy of your CV along with application and contact details to the HR & Admin Officer via mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th July’ 2014. Only short listed candidate will be contacted for interview.
Performance review period:
Next review date__________________________