Job Title: Maternal and Child Health Officer (1)
Employer: Management and Development for Health, (MDH)
Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The MCHC is responsible for ensuring that MDH supported sites meets national standard for PMTCT, pediatric care and maternal health improvement initiatives through implementation of different planned activities.
• Ensures that MDH supported sites implement integrated and comprehensive package of PMTCT, and paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment services at all levels through various activities.
• Play key role in the development of proposals, budgets, work plans and reports related to MDH’s Maternal and Child health including PMTCT, EID and pediatric care and treatment activities
• Prepare timely quarterly, semiannually and annually narrative reports .
• Actively participate and advise management in solicitation and writing of proposals for new grants/ business development on maternal and child health improvement initiatives
• Identify priority questions for operational research and carry out OR to guide on best practices in program implementation
• Conduct various trainings related to maternal and child health improving initiatives including PMTCT, EID, and pediatric care and treatment
- Medical Doctor degree
- Master’s in Public Health is an asset
- 3 years of experience working HIV prevention preferably PMTCT and EID programs
- At least five years of proven experience in HIV and maternal and child health-project management in the design, administration, management and implementation of international health programs in developing countries, including supervision, M&E and reporting
- Proven experience in the development of quality improvement tools for PMTCT and pediatric care and treatment
- Proven experience in the writing of abstracts, proposals and reports
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 30th July, 2014 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted