Job Title: Assistant Accountant-Cash Receipts
Employer: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 25th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure timely Journal Entry of all journals for liquidation and adjustments in Sun Systems on a daily basis.
• Generate all journal vouchers in respect of allocated costs (Vehicle Cost Pool, Program Support Cost Pool, and Facility Cost Pool .
• Check the coding of transactions to ensure correctness of allocation to projects and funding before entry into Sun Systems.
• Carry out proper filing of all documents and liquidation files.
• Amortize all prepayments and accrual expenses on a monthly basis.
• Prepare cash receipt journals timely.
• Establish a proper system for safe custody and retrieval of documents needed for reference purposes.
• Act as the key contact person for finance office and stationery requirements.
• As assigned by the Accountant operations, perform other tasks, which are consistent with your level in the organization
• Establish cash positions on daily basis.
• Coordinating the Petty cash management role as well as effecting timely petty cash replenishments to ensure liquidity.
• Reconciling vendor statements with a view of finding any un-cleared invoices and thus clearing/paying them.
• Any other duties as may be assigned to me by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in a respective field such as Accounting, Finance or Financial Management;
• Excellent English and Swahili language skills – both written and verbal.
• Be computer literate, especially in Word Processing, Excel Spreadsheet, SUN System will be an added advantage
• At least one year experience in finance and or accounting.
• Demonstrated strengths in financial management with a strong client service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people and team oriented environment
• Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties
• Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
• Ability to express technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment
• Strong customer/client orientation
• Ability to follow direction and work independently
• Ability to adapt and learn
• Strong organization and planning skills, detail oriented
• Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information
• Capable to work in a multi-national/cultural environment.
How to Apply:
Kindly send the CV and application letter to the below address:
Human Resources Officer
Catholic Relief Services
P.O. Box 34701
Dar es Salaam.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org