Employer: Management and Development for Health, (MDH)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the technical supervision of the Regional Project Manager, the District Project Coordinator (DPC) provides the technical leadership to the supported projects in the assigned district, in close collaboration with the other Project Coordinators, Technical Advisors and other senior management officials.
• The DPC will support and advise the DMO on project issues related to the HIV PMTCT, Care and treatment activities within their respective districts
• Will participate actively in CHMTs planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting project activities
• Participate in strategic negotiation with the Municipal authorities on project issues on behalf of Regional Project Manager
• The DPC is responsible for the effective communication and support provided to respective district, including but not limited to supportive supervision and mentorship
• The DPC will supervise and coordinate the whole MDH and district technical teams.
• In close collaboration with the RPM, the DPC leads, coordinates, manages and builds capacity of district technical teams and CHMTs in project management including monitoring and evaluation.
• Assist in timely development of efficient HIV prevention, care and treatment work plans for the district and the monitoring of the progress versus planned activities and targets in these work plans;
• The DPC is responsible for the identification of new partners, and the effective collaboration with existing partners, in HIV services implementation in the district
• developing and reviewing district sub-grantees’ proposals to assure realistic target setting and adequate allocation of resources;
• The DPC will collaborate closely with RPM and compliance staff in comparing the project versus financial performance of MDH sub-grant to respective district;
• Collaborates closely with district strategic information coordinator in assuring data and reporting quality and in using M&E for effective project management;
• Identify priority questions for Operational Research (OR)and carry out OR to guide on best practices in project implementation
• Participate in PHE, secondary analysis of data and writing conference abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
• Participate in the production of written documents including best practices and lessons learned from his/her supported district.
• The DPC is responsible for the timely submission of work plans, reports on activities performed, or any other report, as required by RPM.
• Perform other relevant project related duties as assigned by the RPM
• Medical doctor
• Master’s degree in Public Health
• 3 years of experience working HIV care and treatment
• At least five years of proven experience in design, administration, management and implementation of clinical project activities.
• At least five years of work experience in the related field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kiswahili and English
• Experience in computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, and the Internet.
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
• Ability to conduct trainings
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, 30th July, 2014 to:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 79810
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or by hand at our Mikocheni Office.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted